Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Puerto Rico

Our trip to Puerto Rico was very fun and most importantly, very relaxing. We stayed at a beautiful resort on the beach and enjoyed our getaway!

Outside our villa

The beach at our resort

Shane on the walkway in front of our villa
Our little friend, Isa the Iguana
Another shot of Isa
The fountain in front of our resort
Tempo, the Italian restaurant we walked to
Shane's view at the top of the mountain in the rainforest
(I say Shane because I dissed him on the 2-3 hr hike and stayed on the beach)
The wall around Old San Juan
Old San JuanBeautiful view from the fort in Old San Juan

Monument at Old San Juan in front of the wall around the city

Shane on the cannon balls

At the fort overlooking Old San Juan


Field in front of the fort where people were flying hundreds of kites & having picnics
(made us miss the boys, they would have loved this part)
Eating on the plaza at Dragonfly, a Latinasian Restaurant
(Yummy!!!)
Speaking of yummy, the pastry shop we frequented
Great trip...hope we can do it again soon, but not too soon. I'm glad to be home, at my house, with my kids. But also very thankful for time away with Shane.

4 comments:

th77hunter said...

What a fun get away! We sailed out of San Juan for a cruise the Dec. before last...beautiful! I wish we would have had more time there!

Jenn said...

glad you guys had a wonderful time - the pictures make me jealous... time away without children, in a tropical environment, beach time, and good food... what more could a girl want!!

Susan said...

WOW! These are great pictures. What a fun time to spend with your hubby!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you posted your pics.
BEAUTIFUL!!!