We were glad for a laid back long weekend. I think Shane & I both really needed some rest, as we napped pretty much whenever the kids did. The kids got a new water table from their Grammie and really enjoyed playing with it on the back porch over the weekend. I have the feeling we will spend many, many hours on that activity this summer! Then I tried my hand at barbecued ribs for the first time ever, along with a couple of other new recipes while I had Shane around to occupy the kids so I could cook. What a luxury! And of course I did some shopping and deal finding - which went awesome at both Publix & CVS. Because of my savings, I got to buy some ribeye steaks that were on sale and Shane & I enjoyed an at home date night after the kids went to bed on Sunday night. Here are some pics from the weekend...
Can you guess who enjoyed the ribs the most??

If there is a child who likes to eat more than Noah, I'd like to meet him...

Bennett holding up his favorite part of the meal - the bread

Before dinner the kids were just playing when I realized that Noah had been gone and quiet for a while. When I went to his room to check on him, this is what I found...reading a book about horses to himself. Shane & I were cracking up!
Bennett in charge of the hose
Noah transferring water from the water table to the baby pool
Their matching swimsuits (the same size - how funny)
Can you find Bennett & Noah in this picture??
There's Bennett!
What a great pastime - lots of stuffed animals in the crib = an hour or so of entertainment!
Who knew!

The usual around our house
(the wrestling and Noah dressed only in a diaper)

My sweet Bennett - I can't believe how grown up he's getting
2 comments:
Love it!
I love the pictures- the wrestling, the matching swimsuits and the crib full of stuffed animals :) it looks like a very fun time at your hous!
Post a Comment