So, I've been sick alot lately, mostly headaches which I know are triggered by many things including problems with my diet. So besides going to the chiropractor, I'm also trying to slowly make some changes to my diet, hopefully toward the healthy. And you read all the time about how you should eat good things and your kids will follow (doesn't really seem to help at the dinner table in my house). Well, unbelievably it came true for me today. I bought lots of fresh fruits & veggies at Aldi this weekend hoping it will tempt me to snack on those instead of the other things I usually choose. So baby carrots & a little ranch dressing have been in & out of the fridge many times over the past couple of days. As "kid friendly" as they're supposed to be, my kids won't eat them...until today that is. I was snacking on them while the kids ate their lunch when Bennett pipes up with "Can I have some carrots & dip?" Knowing his usual tricks, I replied "You must eat the carrots, not just lick the dip off" to which he agreed. And much to my surprised, he crunched his way through the first carrot, then the second and several more. Meanwhile, little brother couldn't stand being left out. Of course, I later realized most of his got fed to Pickle (which she wasn't too pleased with), but at least he tried. Maybe if I keep up these healthy habit attempts, my kids will just join in too!
I just had to get a picture of this!
I told him to show me how happy he was to be eating carrots
However, I think he felt a little like this too!

Noah's best attempt at joining in on the carrot festivities

3 comments:
This cracks me up! Baby carrots are one of the only vegetables Will eats. He told me he wanted me to pack some in his lunch for school. I did and he actually ate them! Now I put them in every other day. :)
THAT'S AWESOME! way to go, mama! :)
THAT'S AWESOME!!! way to go, mama!!!
Post a Comment