I haven't blogged much lately, mostly because it's been a low key start to 2010 around here and some sickness has travelled through the family & landed on me for quite a while. But some good things have been going on, so here's a little update.
The first thing that's our major accomplishment of the last few weeks (and of our parenting journey in general) is that Noah is officially potty trained!! Our household no longer buys diapers except for pullups for sleeping time. He's done great and was as easy to train as I'd hoped, since he had Bennett as such a good model.
The next thing is that I'm still working on the Bible in 90 Days challenge. I'm currently on day 18 and am in the middle of the book of Judges. It's been tough at times but really amazing to see how quickly I can move through the Bible and how the stories take on so much more meaning when you read them straight through, more like a novel than how I usually approach the Bible. I'm hoping to get others on board next time I try this (yes, already seeing myself finishing in March and trying again after that), maybe a group at church or friends online. Let me know if you're interested at all. I'll keep you updated on my progress!
In Sweet Petits news, things are going well! After taking a week off after Christmas, business has picked up again lately. Because of a generous offer by my neighbor who had a booth at the Southern Bridal Show over the weekend, I got to send some samples and business cards along with him. So, hopefully I'll see some new business from that. And at the least, I hope his booth was more appealing with some tasty treats to offer along with the info about his cool venue - Woodrow Hall. For now, I'm gearing up for Valentine's Day and hoping to get lots of orders for that!
Other things going on - Bennett playing Wii like a crazy person, he especially loves bowling & tennis; I did a 2 day freezer cooking adventure, while Bennett was in school but Noah was home - it went great and I got 11 meals in the freezer to eat on over the next few weeks, Yea!!; Bennett went on his first ever field trip, rode a bus to go bowling and really loved it; Shane is still basking in the glory of the National Championship victory; Noah is sleeping in a toddler bed and really looking forward to moving into his big bed in Bennett's room sometime in the next few months...and many more things I'm sure. I'm planning to dust off my camera soon and start taking pics of the kids again. Don't worry, they're still as cute as ever :-)!
2 days ago





1 comment:
I'm so glad you are doing well with your Bible in 90 Days reading! And that is FANTASTIC that you would like to get a group to do it again! :)
Keep it up!!
Post a Comment