I sort of missed blogging about the holidays for some reason. I didn't take a lot of pictures I guess, even though it was a really great Christmas for us. So I'll just let the pictures below speak for themselves for the most part.
Here are the Christmas Card picture outtakes. Got so many cute ones that day!
Brock came to spend the night one night. It was the first time with the 3 boy cousins playing on their own together and they had a ball! (but we missed Anna Grace, of course!) Here they are, all 3 piled into a basket we normally store toys in. Could they be anymore silly??
Here are a few of our crafts we did. First, Noah got 2 sets of horses to paint. He was sweet to share one each time with Bennett. They loved getting to paint and I loved how long it kept them occupied!
Here's Bennett with his Lego Red Race Car. It only took me, I mean us, about 4 hours to put together. But it was awesome at the end, with a trunk and doors that opened and side mirrors that moved and more! Those Lego people are pretty amazing!
We got to spend some time with Melanie, our friend from Germany over Christmas. She went to Zoo Light Safari with us and also helped us make and decorate Christmas cookies. The boys really enjoyed doing that! None of Noah's cookies survived very long but Bennett got pretty into the decorating once he got the hang of it!
We ended up with quite a lot of snow on Christmas and had a great time sledding on the day after! The boys loved it for the short time we could endure the cold!!
Our good friends the Carvers have the sweetest little baby Lucy Lane. They all came over to play the other day and my boys just "had to" hold her. Noah especially was in love! He is a sucker for a baby girl!
Since the holidays, we've just been weathering the cold, playing lots of card & board games, pretending to have horse races and reading tons of books. Bennett is become such a good reader and the boys are also enjoying listening to me read chapter books, a little at a time to them. We just finished The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (it only took us 3 months ;-)) and we also have been reading The Magic Tree House series. I love reading so this is really fun for me. I'm thinking Sweet Petits will really get going with Valentines Day on the horizon, but for now I am just enjoying some laid back time with the family. It's definitely been one of my favorite January's I can remember!





No comments:
Post a Comment