Friday, July 13, 2012

Not eat for 10 days...what?!

It's been an interesting week around the Solomon household.  Shane and I haven't eaten a single bite of food in 6 full days.  Let's back up a little...

A few weeks ago, I saw an advertisement on tv featuring Joe Cross promoting his movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".  He was offering for us to watch it free online at http://www.jointhereboot.com/.  I'm a sucker for things like this.  I religiously watched countless seasons of The Biggest Loser.  I loved Jamie Oliver taking over the town in West Virginia.  And I've been a recovering HSN addict since I was about 7 years old.  So I was the perfect target for his catchy little ad.

Shane and I each watched the movie, which by the way was pretty entertaining anyway, but we were caught off guard by how much of it hit home for us.  I won't go into Shane's details but for me the lady suffering from migraines was right on for me.  I'm tired alot, suffer from migraines and other frequent headaches, have back troubles and other more minor troubles.  So when she went on a "juice fast" for 10 days and got rid of her headaches, I was intrigued.

Here we are 6 days later and the verdict is still out on this process.  I had headaches for 3 days before I started and about 3 days after as well.  But those are gone now and the best thing is that I am not having sugar and chocolate cravings, both of which contribute to my headaches and I'm honestly okay with not eating for now.  I'm trying to go for 10 days but may add some food after 7.  It's supposed to make me feel great and have so much energy - I'm still waiting for that to happen.  But I'm thinking one healthy meal a day might do wonders for that problem.

I spend alot of time shopping for kale and spinach, peeling pineapples and oranges and washing the juicer but I love that a healthier lifestyle may be making its way to our family.  I'll let you know how it goes.

And let me know if you watch the movie and what you think!

1 comment:

Jami said...

you are amazing! :)