Today I accidentally did my once a month freezer cooking. Well, by accident is a little exaggeration but it was much less planned than any I've ever done. And I have to admit it was a little more tiring & less organized than the ones I've done in the past but overall it went really well. I saw that boneless skinless chicken was on sale at the Pig for $1.99/lb and that usually motivates me. So I gathered recipes this morning, shopped a little at the Pig and mostly at Aldi and got everything I needed. Then I was going to do a little work now and most of the work on the day the meals will be served. But my mom had the kids and ended up keeping them until 4pm instead of us picking them up this morning, so I couldn't resist. Here's what I ended up with:
Taco meat cooked & seasoned
Meat cooked for homemade sloppy joes
Meat cooked for spaghetti
Chicken divided and onions/garlic chopped for Chicken Tortilla Skillet
Chicken divided and onions/garlic chopped for BBQ Chicken, which I plan to cook in the crockpot
13 Chicken Enchiladas
2 batches Cheesy Chicken Vermicelli
2 batches White Chicken Chili
And I had some chicken left over so I just divided it into 4 breast groups and put it in the freezer for whenever I decide what to do with it.
All in all I'm happy with what I made, glad my kitchen is cleaned back up and feel like dinner time will once again be easy for the next few weeks. Yea!!
1 day ago





No comments:
Post a Comment