Saturday, October 30, 2010

The 30 Day Giving Challenge

30-Day Giving Challenge

Last year sometime in November, I found out about this 30 Day Giving Challenge done by Keeping the Kingdom First. I love her because she is also the one that turned me onto the Bible in 90 Days program. Well, I did not do the challenge strictly but I did give most days for 30 days and found myself and my family blessed by that. Also, although I wouldn't say I've continued that indefinitely, I would say that 2010 has been characterized much more by giving for me than other years. So I'm really looking forward to getting revved up again this year and working hard to give, give, give!!
As the holidays near, there are so many opportunities to give and this helps me to set my mind to say "Yes" instead of the natural "No" that comes out when you see the ringing Santa, the check out lady asking for an extra dollar to feed the hungry, the Angel Tree, the person who needs help carrying something to their car or giving away a coat that I might one day think about wearing to someone out there who would wear it everyday because it's the only thing they have to keep them warm.
I'm excited to try this and hope that you will consider it too! What do you have to lose??!!

No comments: