Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bible In 90 Days - January 2011

MomsToolbox

As most of you know, over this past year I've become involved in an online community committed to helping people read through the entire Bible in just 90 days. I completed the task 2 times in 2010 and my life was changed in many ways because of it.
Of course, there was the sense of accomplishment in completing such a task but there was so much more than that.
First of all, prior to reading I had this nagging feeling about the book I claim to stake my entire life & worldview on and I had not even read the whole thing. So I love that I now know what's there and what's not and don't feel hypocritical on that point.
Second, and the main purpose of reading the Bible at such a rapid pace is that I got to see the overview of the entire scripture. I got to see it as the love story God has with us in a way that was never apparent while just reading a few verses here and there.
Finally, as I read I got to feel God's presence in my life in a way that it had not been there before. Having such an intimate connection with his Word is not dissimilar to having an intimate connection with Himself and that was a huge part of my experience.
I miss it when I'm not reading the Bible in 90 Days. It gives structure and urgency to reading the Word that works well for me. I cannot recommend this process highly enough. So if you are thinking about it, all I can say is JUST DO IT!!!!
Since our church is beginning to read the New Testament together in January, I'm not going to participate in the reading this time. However, I will be participating as a mentor again. My job will be to encourage, pray for and serve as a resource to those in my group. If any of you decide to do this, please let me know and request for me to be your mentor. It was such fun last time to mentor both women I knew and those I didn't. (Oh and this is not just for women - men join in too!!!).
Pray about this, see if God is leading you to do it at this time and then let me know what you think!!!

4 comments:

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

Thank you so much for reading with us, sharing about it and mentoring!
I am so happy that you will be serving as a mentor again! :)

Sherry said...

Thank you for your mentorship, Kristin! I, too, loved the experience.

Christy said...

Nice to "meet" you, and thanks for being available to be used by God as a mentor. Your boys are so cute! :)

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

I'm doing it kristin! starting to read in a minute. I'm excited and I thought, "i can always find something to get in the way." and that is the point...i don't want anything to get in the way anymore. so now is as good a time as any! I'll definitely keep in touch!!! I'll need to encouragement! so excited!