My aunt & uncle decided to have their own celebration with their kids and grandkids to allow us to have a smaller crowd and then on Monday after talking to my mom and sister, we decided to move the celebration to my house. That way, my sister and her family could come stay at my mom's but she wouldn't have to use up all her energy getting ready for the big day.
So I was very happy to be hosting but only 3 days to plan and with both kids out of school, I had to get moving. Of course I read a million blogs and so many had cute Thanksgiving ideas which I ignored since it wasn't going to be at my house. But knowing I was now hosting, I had to sort back through them to find some fun crafts and ideas for the big day!
Luckily I had seen the Throwdown between Bobby Flay & The Pioneer Woman on Food Network so I went to work gathering their recipes for Turkey, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes, all of which turned out yummy. I also made my niece Anna Grace's favorite Broccoli Casserole and this cute Turkey Cheeseball. Mom and Julie brought the rest and the feast was set!
Here's the table setting
I was able to catch all of these photos before the festivities began but it turns out I didn't get any pictures with actual people in them (I must have been busy or something;)!). But I'm pretty sure my sister was snapping photos during the day so hopefully she'll forward those along and I can share them too. What I really need is a pic of the 4 cousins ages 7 and under finally asleep at my house that night!! What a great time!





1 comment:
super super cute!!!!
Post a Comment