Here's a little of what we've been up to...
Bennett is on the dive team this summer. He's doing great and has really made alot of progress. Here he is learning his back dive. We're trying to talk him into a flip but he's not quite there yet!
We have a little Cars fanatic, so we had to be there opening weekend for Cars 2. Bennett enjoyed it but still loves the first one best (something about "We're going to kill Lightning McQueen" didn't sit well with him in part 2) and Noah just fell asleep part way through. But the funniest is that Bennett was dressed in a Cars shirt, socks and even underwear. He was prepared!
Since we have summer passes to Alabama Adventure, we've spent a decent amount of time there. It's such a fun place, especially when it's not really crowded. We went on Saturday for the fireworks show and did a few rides until it got dark. Here's me and the kids on the super fast forwards and backwards one (I wonder what it's real name is).
Seriously, it's fast. And Noah doesn't like to hold on so they totally squished me the whole time.
Great fun!
We spent the morning at the zoo today. I've been avoiding it because of the heat but the kids really wanted to go so I sucked it up, packed lots of water and headed there. Here was our friend the alligator. He swam right up to us.
They love the new Africa exhibits, especially the playground
Bennett Lion
Noah Lion
We've been doing some fun crafts to keep us busy while we're home. One of my favorites so far is Rainbow Rice. You just basically dump some rice into a ziplock, add food coloring and about 1 Tbs vinegar and close it up and shake it until the rice is all colored. Then put it outside for a couple of hours or in the oven on 175 for about 20-25 minutes until it is dry and set. The kids had a great time making it.
Then I just gave them some plastic shoeboxes and scoops and let them mix up the rice into their own containers.
Throw in some measuring spoons, tinker toys, plastic monkeys, cups, football guys, etc. and you have hours (or at least several minutes) of fun. Plus, you can put the lid on it, put it away and bring it back out another time. It is a mess but the kids love it and I have to admit I really like it too!!
Finally this summer, there's nothing like free food! And we have no shame. This is our second year in a row to dress like a family of cows, have our children Moo to the Chick Fil A order takers, and happily eat free food.
Here's hoping the second half of the summer is as fun as the first!!





1 comment:
I saw your post on La Famille and laughed with you at northerners thinking it's so hot! As a Texan I know real heat!! We just visited my husband's grandparents Alabama a few weeks ago. It's so beautiful there!
Im also glad I checked out your blog because Ive wanted to make colored rice and was so surprised when I saw your recipe. The boys are going to love it!
Hope you stay cool today! :)
Post a Comment