Thursday, November 18, 2010

Crafty Things Going On Around Here

Well, it's been a crafty week for me. In case you don't yet know, our sweet little pug Pickle passed away on Sunday morning and it is very sad for our family. I think my method of coping has been to stay really busy and busy I have stayed. Not only is it my busiest Sweet Petits week in a long time, I have found many crafts to try and have the scraps from each of them strewn about my house to prove it. So all that to say, here they are!

I saw this wreath on The Nesting Place and knew I had to try it. Especially since I'm obsessed with the glue gun right now. I think it turned out really cute. My porch is not covered so I'm not going to leave it on the front door but I think I need to get my Christmas decorations out to see where all of that will fall before I decide on the perfect spot for my new wreath in the house!!



(P.S. It's made out of an old or new straw wreath & coffee filters! And these wreaths are going for upwards of $50 on Etsy! Pretty awesome since I spent about $5 altogether!)

This was from a while back but still I'm proud and am pretty sure I never posted pictures. I found this table that looked pretty much like the picture below from a garage sale I happened upon in the spring. I'd really been wanting a rectangle wood table to replace our round glass top one and I was thrilled to pick this table plus 4 chairs up for a mere $50. (Which by the way was the price we were able to sell our current table for on Craigs List! Score!!). It took alot of work and a few mishaps but I love how it turned out. The legs are the light sage green/grey color that matches our kitchen cabinets. The top is a dark brown, similar to our concrete countertops. I love that it looks custom to our kitchen! And it fits the space so much better than the round one did!





Finally, I've made a few more of my little barrettes that I posted about the other day. I've given a bunch away but if you see one you like, let me know and it's yours. I'm just having fun making them (and it's like therapy as I said before!).



What's next? Well, there is this chair that's been parked in my mud room for a month or two that I picked up before the garbage man had a chance, from in front of a house in my neighborhood. I think it could be beautiful. Shane disagrees. We'll see who wins but since I don't have a clear vision for what it should be, there it sits. It really needs to be reupholstered but I feel like I need to be clear about what I want before I go spending that kind of cash on a dumpster chair. Any ideas about what I could do???

2 comments:

Kelli@Restore Interiors said...

I am so glad you made the party! I didn't realize that my date was wrong on the linky tool so it gave people an extra few hours!! This is beautiful! I am going to have to try it out myself..

Sherry said...

Kristin,
I am so sorry about Pickle. Losing a pet is so hard...my heart hurts for your family. You are extremely crafty! You have inspired me to do something with our kitchen table/chairs to make them fit more with our decor!I will give you a call for advice before I get started.

Take care, friend!