We're almost half way through the 30 Day Giving Challenge! Things have gone great so far and I've seen the Lord really change my heart through this. Some days I have grand plans that I've been thinking about for a long time and some days, God just shows me little things to do usually just to brighten someone's day.
Not only am I trying to be intentional about giving but also to be intentional about noticing the gifts I'm given, both big and small. It definitely can make thankfulness flow so easily when you're keeping your eyes open to the gifts and blessings that happen each day!
The giving has ranged from buying food for the food pantry at our church or giving sick friends dinner to giving a coupon to a lady at Toys R Us or letting other go before us in the grocery line. I can feel this becoming a habit for me and I am hopeful that at the end of 30 days, I won't mark this off as a completed project but that I'll see it as a new way of life. After all, won't December be filled with tons of giving opportunities as well. And two months into this experiment, I can only see myself being hooked!! I've still got lots of ideas for the next couple of weeks and can't wait to get going!!
Are you doing more intentional giving these days? If so and you have a good idea, let me know!!!
1 day ago





No comments:
Post a Comment