Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bennett & The Big Truck

"The Big Truck"
For those of you who have been around Bennett any time lately, you're not surprised to see a picture of him leaning over the blue and yellow dump truck, named of course "My Big Truck" by Bennett (Bennett's not the most creative namer - the teddy bear named "Bear" and the baby doll named "Noah"). But I just had to capture a picture of him, and fittingly smiling and screaming at the same time as is usually the case when the Big Truck is out. Screaming because it's so loud driving around the driveway and smiling because it's his absolute favorite worldly possession. Some kids have a blankey, some have a teddy bear they have to have, Bennett has his Big Truck. It's actually becoming somewhat of an obsession. He wants it in the car when we go to the grocery store or to church. He takes it to the park, the swimming pool, friends' houses and anywhere else he can convince me to let him take it. So far we've succeeded in not allowing it in the house but if we ever give in, I'm quite sure it will end up in bed, snuggled on the pillow with Bennett, as much as a giant plastic truck can snuggle. Some days I love the Big Truck because running behind it gets more energy out than just about anything, but having a huge plastic truck as a security blanket is not always the most convenient thing. Whatever the case, Bennett is definitely in love with the Big Truck and I don't see him changing that any time soon. Oh, and by the way, I've already decided that a twin truck is definitely being given to Noah for his first birthday - I certainly don't want to see the sibling rivalry begin at ages 3 & 1 over a toy truck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Bennett and the Truck. You had to capture that moment. Do you think Noah will want to take his everywhere? Kristen you will have to get a bigger car!

Sherry said...

It is so funny to see Bennett running beside you pushing that BIG TRUCK while you are walking Noah. He's really fast!