Friday, July 18, 2008

Good Friends

"Best Buddies"
There are some friends who are just good friends from the start. That's the way it is with Bennett, Ike Witt & Sydney Kate Ervin. We were pregnant with these three at the same time and it seemed they were friends even from then. Because we go to church together, the kids spend quite a bit of time together just on Sundays. But we love getting together for playdates or as families on weekend nights to socialize and have the kids play. This week, we had everyone over for slip n slide & pool time at our house. The kids had a ball. They played until they were water logged and then we all piled in under the umbrella on the back porch for lunch. Afterwards, the kids played their first game together - Hungry Hungry Hippo. If you've played it, you know there aren't too many rules but they each still made sure the other did it right! What a fun thing to see them develop from "side by side play" at Noah & Zeke Witt's age to such fun together playing a real game. When Ike was over a few weeks ago playing, I noticed that I seemed to interrupt them if I tried to help them play. So I left them alone and they literally played mostly on their own for hours. Today was Sydney Kate's 3rd birthday party. She's the youngest so they're all 3 now. They had a ball doing all of the "jumpy things" and eating cake until they were stuffed. In the picture above, they were literally yelling "Best Buddies"! What precious children! Oh, and you'll see below that little one year old Zeke and 10 month old Noah are already getting to be friends!
We're thankful for good friends and pray that these will be lifelong friends for us and our children!


Sydney Kate, Ike, Bennett
Noah & Zeke
Summer 08
"Hungry Hippo"


Sydney Kate's 3rd Birthday Party
Jump Zone

Summer 06
Aldridge Gardens
Early Fall 06
The Depot, Helena

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!!!! I can not believe how much our babies have grown!!! I still can remember that night at the depot. Remember when Bennett was doing the water sighn while looking at the water fall. My goodness it seems like yesterday. Thanks for posting theses pictures.