Monday, September 22, 2008

Funny Conversations

Bennett has cracked me up so much lately. I love his perspective.
So I said to Bennett this morning, 'Hey Bennett, do you want to go pick out a pumpkin at the pumpkin patch this year?' And he got so excited and said, 'Let's go to WalMart, they have pumpkins there! That would be fun!' I just think it's so funny that at age 3, Bennett believes that everything we could need or want comes straight from WalMart. And that rather than spend a fun day at the Pumpkin Patch, he'd just assume go spend some time at our favorite super store.
This weekend, because Shane went back on our agreement to keep our kids neutral on the Alabama/Auburn issue as long as possible by buying and dressing Bennett in a BAMA shirt on Saturday morning, I decided to give Bennett a lesson in doing War Eagle for the game Saturday night. So I told him to say "Waaaarrr Eagle, Hey!" And he says excitedly "Waaarrr Eagle!" I said Bennett, say Hey! at the end. He said, No Mommy, hey is what we feed horses or what we say when people come over. Well, how could I respond to that. My child, the human dictionary. So we just kept it at War Eagle for now.

2 comments:

TBG said...

hahahaha he is the CUTEST! what a sweet boy :) such a pleasure meeting you and the boys saturday! hope we can hang out again soon :)

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

That was so much fun hearing about Bennett. What a cutie!! I'm so glad you commented on mine so that I could see your blog. Your kids are the cutest! love ya, dana