Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tree Climbing & Neighborhood Play

Today was just a tree climbing sort of day. I got the boys posed at my favorite spot in the neighborhood while we were on a walk/bike ride. The sweetest little old man, Sy, lives on the corner around the block from us. His wife worked for 40 years on their yard making it a showplace of color year round. It's beautiful. She passed away a few months ago after suffering several years with alzheimers. But he sweetly keeps care of the yard in her honor. For well over a year I've wanted pictures of the kids at this particular tree in their yard but for one I never have my camera with me and also Noah in a tree - I think not. Every time we pass by this tree, Bennett climbs up in it and says "Mommy, do you have the camera" to which I always say "No, but we'll pretend." But today, we headed out with camera in hand (well in stroller really) and when we got to the tree, for the first time my answer was "Yes, we have the camera, let's take pictures." So I got the boys as settled there as I could and began snapping. Noah didn't last long, but Bennett seemed to enjoy the photo shoot. It's been my dream since before last year's picture to have this spot as the scene for our Christmas card picture, so...if the background of our Christmas card picture looks familiar, it's because it will be the same as this one if I can help it.



Our neighbors Liam & Emma stopped by after our tree climbing expedition to climb the tree in our front yard. Like I said, a tree climbing sort of day!!
Here's a few other pictures from the last few days of bike & car rides and playing with the neighborhood kids.

Bennett on his bike which he loves again now that we covered all Spiderman parts with Dora & Diego stickers. Who knew that was all it would take to get him off the big truck kick & riding his bike again.

Here's Noah - if you see the smear on his forehead (right next to the curl created by the excessive humidity this week), it's just one of the millions of mosquitos that lands on him daily, which this time I smashed right on him. Needless to say, Noah got a good bath that night.

Bennett on bike, Noah in car, Liam, Emma and new baby Lily, Elizabeth Rae on the right and way in back Anna - our regular afternoon playmates. Come on by Stonehaven Road any afternoon for plenty of playing, just be sure to drive slowly - we usually play in the street!!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Kristin,

I love the tree pictures! I actually have a picture of Bennett on my cell phone--sitting in that tree! I can't even remember when I took it. I will find a way to send it to you. I love your blog, and enjoy reading about the adventures of the Solomon family.

Sherry