So I'm wondering if blogs were created for such a time as this or if I'm too addicted to blogging because when the event about to be revealed happened in my house just minutes ago, all I could think was "Where's the camera, this has got to go on the blog!" That thought was soon followed by laughter and then great frustration. Thankfully it made not only me but the kids ready for a nap, so as the frustration set in, the house got quiet and I'm able to cool down and enjoy the more hilarioius side of this story.
My kids seemed to be playing happily in the living room a little after noon today so I left the room for a minute. Soon after I left, I heard calls for me, but that's pretty normal. I said I'd be back in a minute. Well, Bennett found me before I got back to the living room and says, "Mommy watch this". He proceeds to pull out a travel size (thank goodness!!) container of baby powder, lay it on the floor & wiggle it. Needless to say, an interesting design made of powder shuffled out onto the dark colored wood floor. "Cool, huh!?" was his response to what he'd just done. I didn't have quite the same response. "Bennett, is this what you've been doing while mommy was out of the room?" I asked calmly. "Yeah, come see". Well I did and as I said I had to laugh and take pictures first, although my later reaction during the cleaning process wasn't quite as jovial. Here's what I saw...
My kids seemed to be playing happily in the living room a little after noon today so I left the room for a minute. Soon after I left, I heard calls for me, but that's pretty normal. I said I'd be back in a minute. Well, Bennett found me before I got back to the living room and says, "Mommy watch this". He proceeds to pull out a travel size (thank goodness!!) container of baby powder, lay it on the floor & wiggle it. Needless to say, an interesting design made of powder shuffled out onto the dark colored wood floor. "Cool, huh!?" was his response to what he'd just done. I didn't have quite the same response. "Bennett, is this what you've been doing while mommy was out of the room?" I asked calmly. "Yeah, come see". Well I did and as I said I had to laugh and take pictures first, although my later reaction during the cleaning process wasn't quite as jovial. Here's what I saw...
Culprit #2
The evidence
Piles of baby powder and little toddler, preschooler, and soon mommy sized as well as pug sized footprints were leading in & out of every room in my upstairs besides the boys bedrooms. It was on the walls, on the wood & tile floors, rug, toys, you name it. How could all of that happen so fast?? The question many a small child's parent has asked. I'm reminded of a story a sweet lady from my church told at Bible study one time about her daughter (now a successful chef/caterer in the area). She was very young and when the mom came into the kitchen, she found not only her little girl but also an entire dozen eggs, which had been individually smashed on the kitchen floor. This mom's reaction stuck with me. She said that, like me, she laughed and grabbed the camera. She said, "What else could I do. She wasn't trying to be bad, she was just curious & experimenting." Well Bennett's reaction was truly one not of deception or attempting to rebel, but rather total excitement about the new thing he'd figured out to do. And Noah was obviously just along for the ride. So no punishment in my house today (besides helping with the dustbuster - hardly punishment since it's as much of a toy as a cleaning tool), but instead we have a funny memory and a pleasant clean baby smell throughout the house!!
Piles of baby powder and little toddler, preschooler, and soon mommy sized as well as pug sized footprints were leading in & out of every room in my upstairs besides the boys bedrooms. It was on the walls, on the wood & tile floors, rug, toys, you name it. How could all of that happen so fast?? The question many a small child's parent has asked. I'm reminded of a story a sweet lady from my church told at Bible study one time about her daughter (now a successful chef/caterer in the area). She was very young and when the mom came into the kitchen, she found not only her little girl but also an entire dozen eggs, which had been individually smashed on the kitchen floor. This mom's reaction stuck with me. She said that, like me, she laughed and grabbed the camera. She said, "What else could I do. She wasn't trying to be bad, she was just curious & experimenting." Well Bennett's reaction was truly one not of deception or attempting to rebel, but rather total excitement about the new thing he'd figured out to do. And Noah was obviously just along for the ride. So no punishment in my house today (besides helping with the dustbuster - hardly punishment since it's as much of a toy as a cleaning tool), but instead we have a funny memory and a pleasant clean baby smell throughout the house!!





3 comments:
oh my goodness, hilarious! i didn't even realize you had a blog until now. i'll have to add it to my list. =) oh, and answering your comment, yes, some are totally random, they are favorites that i check for decorating ideas, fun tips, etc!
Life with boys:) Kristen I'm glad to have found your blog! I'll add it to ours so I can check it more often. At first I thought the "white stuff" was shaving or whipped creme. I'm assuming the powder came up a little easier...never the less extra cleaning:)
I love it! You experience true laughter when you see what your babies have been up to. Thanks for sharing --- oh, and tell B. not to tell Ike!
Post a Comment