Saturday, November 22, 2008

Finished More Sewing

I'm really excited. I've finished up several of the sewing projects I've been working on. For one, I finished the boys' Christmas outfits. Well, if you know me, you know this is a really big deal. I'm well known for still sewing on buttons & snaps on Christmas Eve or the night before Easter. But not this time! I still have vivid memories of how tough it was to get a Christmas card picture last year and I knew this year, we needed to start trying early. So the outfits are done and we're just waiting for a warmer day when we can go outside and have our first (and possibly last if we're really lucky) Christmas card photo shoot. Yea for me!! I won't post those, you'll just have to see when the cards come out.
Also I made some little outfits I've decided they can wear on Thanksgiving. It's my first attempt at an applique and I think it turned out pretty cute. I did the "B" on Bennett's shirt. My friend Molly (Shrimp & Grits Boutique) did the cute tractor on Noah's outfit.
I also did some little burp cloths for a friend of Shane's who is having twins soon. If only I could monogram...Anyway, I'm kind of ready to slow down on sewing for a while, although I think it won't be long before I start getting ready for spring/summer.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm so impressed! These things are super cute.