Saturday, November 22, 2008

Good Saturday!

It was a pretty typical Saturday. Although it was supposed to be different because we're trying to build all sorts of organization into our laundry room/mud room. And today was a free day for all (mostly meaning Alabama didn't have a game) so I was going to do kid duty while Shane did construction. But since I've been sick and was bad sick with a headache yesterday, he decided to give me another day to recover. Which truthfully I needed and hope I'm truly on the road to recovery this time. All that to say, Shane took the boys to Chick Fil A for breakfast, a Solomon boy tradition, and then to the rec center and came home in time for naptime. After nap, we bundled up to play football in the backyard. All was great until Shane was tackling me at the same time Bennett was trying to, and my head collided with Bennett's mouth & cheek and let's just say the fun was over. Poor Bennett is swollen & red and the collision did not help my ongoing headache. But never fear, we will try family football again soon. Overall it was a good, laid back day.

Ready for their day out!

The football game begins!

Bennett trying to tackle Daddy!

He gets him! (Noah is taking notes from the sideline)

Noah sees his chance to get the ball...


And runs with it...Back to Daddy & Bennett!How much fun!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun Fun!!!! I love how you captured your boys today! What fun memories -- I am so sorry for the head on tackle. But, I am very glad that you had so much fun!

th77hunter said...

That stinks...don't you just hate when everyone is having so much fun and then someone gets hurt. I love the outfits you made for the boys...very good job!

TBG said...

yall are precious!!! hope you feel better soon!