A while back Rachel tagged me to post on my blog 5 of my quirks. Well, I never did it but not because I didn't think about it. I tried to think of my quirks but had trouble coming up with them. So, certain that my husband would list off many of them in short order, I asked Shane about it. He replied "Hmm, I don't think you're a very quirky person." I decided not to do that post.
Now Rachel tagged me again in a post about listing 100 things about me. Well, it might take me all year to come up with 100 things about me but I'll try to match Rachel's 30. So here goes...
1. I cannot make a decision (which is making this list very hard to make)
2. If I watch one episode of any reality show, I'm hooked and must watch the entire season.
3. I like a neat, organized house but hate to actually clean.
4. I get migraine headaches so bad that I've had to go to the emergency room for treatment more than once. I've learned to control them through a change in my diet, although I don't adhere to it all that strictly anymore (and have more headaches to show for it).
5. I love drinking one cup of coffee every morning, while my boys drink their milks. It's like a ritual and none of us are much in the mood to talk before we have our "morning fix".
6. I've always seen myself with 4 kids, at least one adopted - not sure that's what will happen but it's how I've always envisioned myself. We'll see what God's got in store...
7. I am addicted to facebook, blogs and suddenly, since I got an MP3, to podcasts - I listen on & off all day long.
8. I don't enjoy cooking dinner most of the time but I love having a home cooked meal.
9. I have a terrible memory. I walk out of a movie and forget I ever saw it. I finish a book and can't remember if I've ever read it. I meet people multiple times and still cannot remember that I know them. I have very few recollections from childhood (unlike my sister who remembers everything). I think there's herbs I should be taking for this!
10. I don't really like eating. If there was a way to just cut food out of life, I'd take it.
11. The DVR is my favorite possession. I feel like I couldn't live without it.
12. I crave close friendships but don't always seek them out because I hate rejection.
13. I love home improvement projects, especially if Shane & I are able to work on them together.
14. I love to read and wish I weren't so tired at night so I could read more before bed.
15. I enjoy raking leaves in the fall. I just love the transformation of a lawn covered with leaves to the cleared off grass - for some reason it gives me a great sense of satisfaction.
16. I'm a big Tennessee Titans fan and watch most all the games (although I usually sleep through the 2nd & 3rd quarters of the Sunday noon ones, but I always wake up for the important part - the 4th quarter.).
17. I am a homebody. I love to stay home, especially in sweats or pj's and don't feel trapped by not leaving the house on any day or even for several days in a row.
18. Related to the one above, I don't like to travel. I'd just assume take all vacation time (as if I get that as a stay-at-home mom) at home. I only go on trips because my husband loves it.
19. I think homeschooling is really cool and secretly wonder if I could do it, but doubt I'll ever know the answer to that.
20. I'm pretty sure I have an allergy to alcohol. If I have even one glass of wine, I usually wake up the next morning with a migraine.
21. I have 2 dogs and a cat but at this point in life, would be content with no pets. (Don't worry Pickle, Freddie & Holly - Shane would never let you go! Well, maybe Holly should worry a little...)
22. My dream job would be as a cake decorator/pastry chef. Making my own kids' birthday cakes will just have to work for now.
23. The job I wouldn't even trade right now for my aforementioned dream job is to stay home with my kids - I'm a pretty lucky girl!
24. Even after wearing my hair naturally curly for over a year, I'm still somewhat self-conscious about it.
25. I lose my patience with my kids more than I ever thought I would...thus the 3 parenting books sitting on my bedside table.
26. Shane says I have DHS (delayed hearing syndrome) which is a condition where I don't hear things when they're first said but if you give me about 6 seconds, I'll know what you said. Unfortunately Bennett got this too. It involves alot of "huh" & "what did you say" in conversations. (We did of course make this "syndrome" up but it's a running joke around our house because it's really what I do.)
27. I'm almost always cold and secretly think I would really enjoy a Snuggie.
28. I love to sew, especially for the kids, but I'm very imprecise when I do it and therefore there's almost always something wrong their outfits when I'm done. Luckily most people don't look that close!
29. I love to be outside, especially in the neighborhood with my kids. You'll find us out on just about any "nearly warm enough to survive" day in the winter and pretty much every day of the spring, summer & fall.
30. I love my husband, I love my kids, and as much as I fret over things in my daily life, I truly love my life and praise God for the awesome blessings he has given me!!
Oh and I just remembered, I'm supposed to tag others to do the same list so...how about Cathy, Alicia, Jenn, Susan, anyone??
1 day ago





3 comments:
Thans, Kristin. I learned some new things about you. Todd totally has DHS, too. 30 was great. Didn't mean you had to do 100. :)
I will do this, give me time. I'm actually looking forward to it. I do have 2 comments though: #12-- Who would reject you? #22-- I love cake decorating but have never done it. Have you ever seen "Ace of Cakes" on the Food Network? Check it out.
I will respond eventually. Thanks for doing this! I'll never make it to 100. It was fun to learn more about you! =)
Post a Comment