Monday, January 12, 2009

New Mud Room / Utility Room

Shane was off work for 2 whole weeks at Christmas, which was so much fun! He got to spend so much time with the boys, while still relaxing some and getting some good work done around the house. We got the garage cleaned out and reorganized, which was a huge job. Now for the first time since we've lived here, Shane's parking his car in the garage. He's pretty excited especially since it was below freezing out this morning when he left to play basketball! The big accomplishment was the creation of our new utility room/mud room. I've wanted this since we moved in here but it was a lower priority since there's been so much work to do on the house. But Shane has realized how much of my life is consumed with laundry each week so he was motivated to help me out with some much needed organization tools. Below are the before & after pictures. There's still a little work to do but overall it's complete and I'm happier than I even thought I would be!!


BEFORE: Bright yellow paint, black trim, complete with the "Bud Dry" sign on the duct work and Widespread Panic Sticker on the A/C unit! (there was also a black light & disco ball in this room - not sure what the previous owner did while he was doing laundry?!)


BEFORE: Once again the lovely paint scheme & ugly peel-n-stick tile floor that look like a school lunchroom floor!

AFTER: Mud room, complete with shoe cubbies and lots of hooks for backpacks, coats, etc. Also, a new acid stained concrete floor - very cool!!


AFTER: Laundry center complete with lots of dirty clothes sorting on wheels, canvas bins to transport clean clothes upstairs, a hanging rod and an extra cabinet & bins for more storage.

AFTER: My dream come true!

(yes I know, I'm an organization nerd. I admit it!)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Nice! I am a little bit jealous of it all!

Elin said...

Love it! I, too am an organization nerd. I'm with Rachel, and slightly jealous. But I probably would have left the disco ball . . . what if a dance party needed to happen with laundry time.

Anonymous said...

Love It!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. I know that you have been wanting a new washroom!!! I can not wait to come over!!!!

Susan said...

Oh my goodness! This is great! I'm an organized freak too so I'm totally eating this up. =)