Well, it's that time of year again and as much as I dislike New Year's Eve (least favorite "holiday" by far, but that's another subject), I do really like the renewal of the New Year and the chance to try to do things better than you've done before. I loved the sermon our pastor Bob Flayhart preached last weekend, especially the part reminding us that there's not just renewal each year but each day, in that God's mercy is new every morning. Great is thy faithfulness!
Last year, Shane and I set some resolutions and were quite successful I must say. I won't discuss his since this is my blog. And I'll preface it too by saying that I like to keep mine simple and fairly attainable. So mine last year was to begin recycling. Not a huge thing but after buying new trash cans for the pantry and a new outside recycling bin, the recycling began and I'm proud to say continues today.
This year, I'm doing like 99% of America and trying to exercise more - once again an attainable goal of at least 2 days a week at the rec center. With small children, that's about all I'm ready to commit to, although I hope I'll do more. I've ordered several parenting books to try to work on my skills in that area. On a lighter note, I'm also trying to stop sticking the stickers off of fruit on the kitchen sink when I wash the fruit, because it really bugs Shane. And truly one I hope to follow through on is working on more of a relationship with God, by spending more time with Him each day. After reading my pastor, Bob's blog post relating to the sermon he preached last weekend, I was motivated to set up a real plan. I hope you'll take a minute to read it and that it will motivate you too. All this to say, I hope we can all make plans this year to "do better" and that by making a real plan and by God's grace, we'll be able to accomplish our goals.
Happy New Year!!!
2 days ago





1 comment:
Care to share some of your titles of the parenting books? :) I know there are a lot of good one out there and it is nice to find someone who has narrowed them down.
Post a Comment